7/17/10

Through an EXPAT EYES


So since this is not my first time living in Spain, I figure for my first blog assignment, I share a little bit more of what I have come to observe from my fellow Spanairds.

Traffic

I travel to most places by metro.
Metro Madrid has, 12 different lines and more then 200 stations.
A Trip costs you 1 Euro, and many like Sol where I work has more the one Line.
The distances when transferring are almost endless, its like going through all the electrical stairs ( flat stairs lol) at Pearson airport, its endless!

What my experience had been like:

Metro Madrid has been on an ON & OFF STRIKE, which has caused complete CHAOS

- this past week every other day service runs at 50% if not less
- Musicians often get on the train and play music, and everyday I pass by a wonderful old man that plays the violen while his wife hold his book for notes
-There are beggers often at the exits of the stations, I have to see a ONE EYED LADY every morning!
- Its VERY HOT, smelly and packed!

No comments:

Post a Comment