7/17/10

QUE VIVA ESPAÑA


What can I say about this World Cup?

It has been such a memorable experience, for Five reasons:
1. I LOVE SOCCER, and supported " La Roja" from day one ( Mexico too obviously)
2. I got to form part of HISTORY IN THE MAKING, as its their first World Cup ever
3. Being able to share this experience with friends, and seeing how much title means to the people of Spain..
4. Learning all the different chants and songs, and teaching my roommates about " Cebo" a Mexican soccer superstition that works!
5. The MASSIVE FESTIVITIES that PARALYZED Madrid for two days, and yes its most likely
to be footage of me dancing in the Fountain in Puerta de Sol, or the reporter that interviewed me on Telemadrid.

So apart from the parties, and the endless sea of Red and Yellow or the YouTube video of Iker Casillas kissing his girlfriend Sara Carbonero, this VICTORY means much more to "el pueblo", then just a title, this symbolized that just like Spain has endured struggles and difficult times like THIS CRISIS, there are good things to come.
I admire the Spanish team for their UNITY, STRENGTH and for always playing TO WIN!
FELICIDADES ROJA!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment