5/5/10

bittersweet goodbyes..


Change is not a unfamilar word for me, I have always embraced change with open arms and looked for it when
things seemed to slow down too much. I like new beginnings because its like a breathe a fresh air and an opportunity to
discover new things. At the same time I have come to realize that after all the rush of subleting my apartment, finshing up my
field practicum, resigning from my job and packing my endless amounts of shoes! how fast time passes us by. My roommate and very close friend Jhonatan left yesterday to Montreal where he will flying out to intern at UV in Valencia. All of this has made me realize how much closer I AM to venduring out to Madrid for my Internship. Friends and co-workers have asked me if I'm feeling nervous or afraid, and I reply with a No. A no because I was preparing for this way before the process had even started. I envisioned myself there and now it is so bittersweet because I will be there but I will be leaving behind so many things here. In the span of 9 months I have made new friendships, contacts and established a routine and a home in Toronto and now I'm off.
It feels good to know what I left here , will be here but for now my new home is where my heart is and my heart is in Spain!.

No comments:

Post a Comment